Monday, September 12, 2005

Bangkok - A Sensory Overload



I arrived in Bangkok a few days ago to 31 degrees and ~98% humidity. I was very lucky to have Tracy show me the ropes of this insane city for the weekend, and we checked out the Chatuchak and Chinatown markets where you can buy absolutely everything. Now that she is back at work, I've moved from Silom down to Banglampoo where all the travellers stay, and went to visit some beautiful buddhist temples today - Wat Pho and Wat Arun. One of my favourite things so far is that there are vendors on every corner selling fresh fruit sliced and ready to eat - you get 1/2 a pineapple for 30 baht = $0.33! The best way to travel seems to by river boats which let you have very scenic rides. So far most of the food we've had has been good - not too sure what some of it was though. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon - I didn't notice these computers didn't have USB ports. I'll be in Bangkok for a couple more days as my Visas are getting processed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home