Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cambodia





I had a whirlwind tour of Cambodia, visiting only Phnom Phen (the capital) and Siem Reap (Angkor Wat). Phnom Phen was a nice little capital right on the river. On the first day I checked out the excellent national museum and the royal palace. That evening I went to see a documentary on the Khmer Rouge and the Pol Pot regime. It is incredible to comprehend the genocide that look place here only 30 years ago. The second day I visited the Tuol Sleng torture museum and went to visit the killing fields. Then I hopped on a bus and headed to Siem Reap where I met up with Tracy. We stayed in the nicest accommodation so far, and hired a tuk tuk driver for three days to tour around Angkor Wat. All the temples date back to the 9th - 14th century and are incredibly well preserved. On the last day we went out to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat and it was beautiful. The photos are of all of Angkor as I felt the killing fields and torture museum may be a little depressing to mix in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home