Monday, September 19, 2005

Diving in Ko Tao



Ko Tao is a tiny island that is the diving destination for the Gulf of Thailand. I took an overnight bus from Bangkok and headed down (the photo is from the sunrise when we were waiting for the catamaran, and the other is my bungalow on Ko Tao). I did two days of diving there (4 dives in total) and was left with a big grin after it all. The first day the viz was not so great but the second day made up for it. There are lots of crazy swim through caves and tons of life to see. Amazing coral reefs with both soft and hard coral, titan triggerfish, stingrays, moray eels, butterfly fish, parrot fish, banded sea snakes, nudibranches... We even got to see a rare Harlem Sweet Lips with got my divemaster really excited! You've got to be careful of the triggerfish though as they have big teeth and like to bite divers! Now it's off to the beach with this English girl Jenny I've met...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home